December 30, 2014

Breakfast Smoothie Bliss

So I made it through an entire day of juicing yesterday until about six o'clock last night I dove face first into a bowl of Thai green curry...

Curry counts as a liquid, right!?

Well, if anything, I created a luscious lunch smoothie that gave me a very happy belly,
 and a little extra energy to get me through the afternoon.


Since I normally skip breakfast in lieu of coffee, chai or tea, this smoothie might become part of my normal morning repetoire, cleanse or no cleanse.
It is very simple, healthy, delicious and can be whipped up in less time than brewing a pot of coffee.



Ingredients:
1 banana
1 inch piece of ginger, sliced for easy blending
1/2 cup of chai tea concentrate (I use Starbuck's brand)
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
One handful of ice

nutmeg for sprinkling

Steps:
Pull banana into pieces and put it in your blender with ginger, chai, almond milk and ice.
Pulse on high until smooth.
Sprinkle with nutmeg.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment