November 1, 2012

Utica Greens!

 
 
 
UTICA GREENS
 DON'T MIND IF I DO, THANK YOU!
 

RECIPE:
 
3 Heads of Escarole, triple cleansed and chopped
Fresh garlic (+-6 cloves), finely chopped
3 cherry peppers, sliced (+- your liking)
prosciutto, sliced or chopped
2-4 cups parmesan/romano cheese
2-4 cups breadcrumbs
 
Optional: shredded cheese to melt on top. I put cheese on my cheese.
 
Directions: boil escarole in water until wilted. drain well; squeeze excess water out when cool. Simultaneously cook garlic, cherry peppers and prosciutto in olive oil. Be careful to not burn the garlic! Stir in drained and squeezed escarole, add cheese and breadcrumbs. Optional: melt shredded cheese on top.

Serve with crusty bread and copious amounts of wine.
Thank you Utica, NY
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi K! Utica Greens are my FAVORITE! I love the spicy ones you can buy at DiIorio's near the deli. I'm totally going to make these this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I didn't know you could buy them at DiOrios, fantastic! I call them "the macaroni and cheese" of vegetables. I could eat them all week. I'm glad I could inspire you! xx, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found a recipe for greens - I'm definitely stealing this one!! Becky

    ReplyDelete