So much for not eating sugar.
That lasted for about three seconds,
or as Brandi would say:
"A hot second"
Regardless, who wants to bring salad to a picnic when you can bring cookies?!?
Nobody likes the salad lady.
We pretend we do, but we don't.
We like the cookie lady.
Here is a simple twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie.
Nothing ground breaking;
I simply added dried cherries and kettle cooked potato chips to the batter.
Pretzels work well too.
Preheat oven to 375
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (Plus more for sprinkling)
1 cup of softened butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 lg. eggs
2 cups of miniature chocolate chips (I prefer Hershey)
1 cup of dried cherries
1 cup of kettle cooked chips or broken up pretzels
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt
2. Mix flour, baking soda and vanilla
3. Add eggs, mixing in one at a time
4. Slowly mix in the flour/soda/salt
5. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and cherries
6. Drop small mounds onto an ungreased cookie sheet
7. Stick potato chips or pretzels into the mounds
8. Bake in preheated oven for +-9 minutes
9. Bring to the picnic and enjoy the praise and admiration of all the salad ladies.