April 4, 2014

Happy Friday!


After four great runs since Monday, 
one being a 7-miler, another being an 8-miler,
iced coffees are a girl's best friend.

Well, that and Wegman's pizza.
But let's stay focused.



Did I mention that I ran 8 miles yesterday?!
Yes, the furthest since last year's half marathon in June.
I'm so proud of myself.

Regardless, this is one of my favorite iced coffee concoctions.
The only way to improve upon this recipe would be to add a little Bailey's...which I might have to do tomorrow when I am at the Elk's rubber ducky race...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Did I mention that I ran 8 miles yesterday!?!

Recipe:

Ingredients:
Coffee to brew 8-10 cups (I prefer dark roasts here, but it is your call)
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
Starbuck's organic chai (you can find this at Target, or most grocery stores)
Milk or cream (I am a fan, but I don't recommend skim here. It seriously adds zero flavor)
Espresso

Steps:
Add two tablespoons of ground cinnamon to your coffee grounds and brew. Allow to cool to room temperature, or put it in the refrigerator. Once it is cool, pour over ice. You don't want to pour it over the ice when it is hot because it will water it down too much. Add a splash of Starbuck's organic chai and a splash of milk or cream. If you are one of the lucky kids to own an espresso machine, add a shot of chilled espresso. Delish!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment