September 8, 2014

My Poor, Poor Garden

I am truly devastated about our garden.
Bottom line, what the animals didn't desimate in July, they finished off in August.

The only thing that survived was a lone few pepper plants and one tomato plant...well, I take that back;
When we went to pick them yesterday, something had literally eaten my heirlooms off of the vine.
Even most of my sunflowers were mowed down.

I'm so sad.
It is a good thing we don't have to live off our bounty...
sniffle, sniffle...


My only pick of the season...

At least the animals saved us some peppers!

Spicy Pickled Farmer's Market Carrots

Pickled Farmer's Market Kirby's;
A mix of bread and butter, dill and spicy...

That's all she wrote, folks...

So instead of growing, processing and canning our vegetables this year, making sauces and relishes, experimenting with pickling and preserving, 
we will have to do it the good ol' American way...

We thank you in advance Wegman's...



No comments:

Post a Comment