July 2, 2014

White Whole Wheat

I know, I know, 
who the hell bakes bread on the hottest day of the year!?

That is what Panera is for, right!?



Well, I guess I do.

This time I went absolutely wild and split the white flour with white whole wheat, for no other reason than I was low on the white bread flour and I had a bag of the other stuff burning a hole in my pantry shelf...

The results were less fluffy and doughy than the original white bread I make, but it was a nice change.
This bread has a slight nuttiness; 
a dense and earthy flavor that makes me feel like I am being healthy.

It was very very good, and I'll definitely be making it again, and again....

just maybe on a slightly cooler day.




Here is the link to my favorite, go-to, fool-proof bread recipe. 
Simply substitute White Whole Wheat flour for half of the White flour!

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/hearth-bread-recipe


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment