March 31, 2014

Happy Monday!


What a rainy, crappy weekend!

Well, save the weather we had a very nice weekend here in Northeast PA.

My mom came to visit, and we made our ever welcome pilgrimage to Wegman's and Homegoods,
Todd and I got a much needed date night, 
I got in two solid training runs,
We planted our seeds for our garden,
I cleaned out four disastrous cabinets, 
and I tried two (sort of) new recipes.

The rain couldn't slow us down!

Maroon carrots from Wegman's!
How funky are these babies!?

First attempt at cooking beet greens = possible new obsession.
Step aside escarole....

Roots ready for roasting

Roasted roots with lemon vinaigrette

Spiced baked chicken, roasted root vegetables with lemon vinaigrette, and sauteed beet greens with garlic and hot pepper

Elias' contribution to dinner;
Applesauce Oatmeal Bread Batter

Applesauce Oatmeal Bread
Yum.
King Arthur strikes it out of the ballpark again:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/applesauce-oatmeal-bread-recipe


If I learned anything this weekend it is that I really love sauteed beet greens (why was I so afraid?!), I love date nights and clean cabinets, 
Wegman's is still my favorite store, second to Homegoods,
and I wish my mother lived closer...but I've known that forever...

I hope you guys all had a great weekend and that the rain didn't stop your fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment