October 3, 2013

Apple Overload


So you went to the apple orchard and you just couldn't help yourself?! 

It happens to the best of us. 
Now, what do you do with this surplus!? 

At first I entertained making apple cider...then entertained hard apple cider....then I realized that to buy all of the equipment etc. it would cost around $50 a gallon.
Ya, I don't think so....but I still think it would be cool...maybe I can rent the equipment?!

So then I moved onto apple sauce (I know, yawn)...which I have already started to make. 
So, for all of my friends and family, you know what you are getting for a gift here within the next week or so...
Stay tuned for my pics, steps and recipes.
I can tell you one thing, it is already worth it because my house smells soooo delicious!

However, for those of you who aren't in the mood for sauce, here is a great link I stumbled upon when I was researching all things apples:


And look at these beautiful images! 

Brown Butter Apple TartParsnip Soup with Caramelized ApplesRoasted Brussels Sprouts and Apple SaladApple Salad with Walnuts and Lime

Poached Apples with Vanilla Yogurt


If these images are any indication of how these recipes will taste, we have hit the jackpot!
Chaa-ching!

Enjoy!

What are your favorite apple recipes?!

No comments:

Post a Comment