June 11, 2013

Half Marathon Mama

Lake Placid is one of the prettiest places on earth, and the weather this year was perfect for running; overcast, slightly drizzly at first, breezy, and then sunny and beautiful for post-race cocktails on the patio.
If you are ever entertaining doing a half or full marathon, I highly suggest this locale.
Just be ready for that monster hill at the finish. 

So I didn't move mountains with my time...in fact I managed to add 7 minutes to my overall time from the last two years, but I felt great, took in the sights, and I didn't walk once. 
That was my goal. 
Success!
Also, a special shoutout to my friend Erica who made miles 9-12 a breeze, my husband for giving me a superhero cape at mile 12, and all of my fasty friends who cheered me up that beast of a hill at the end. 
I love you guys and your company made those difficult miles fly by!

Here is the link, as well as a few photos from our weekend.
Enjoy!



What We Saw:
The View From The Patio Looking Right

The View From Our Patio Looking Left
Perfect Morning For A Long Run!
What a Happy Runner
Yes, It Is June and There Is Still Snow on the Peaks! 

What We Ate: 

Fried Eggplant Love


Post Race Feast
Food Envy.
I Should Have Ordered This!


Thank you Lake Placid for another great year! 
See you in 2014 for the 10th Annual Marathon and Half!
Are YOU in!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment