May 29, 2014

Aaaaaa! (dirondacks)

I am making it official: 
I am reestablishing my connection with the Earth.

You read it here first!

After a few short hikes in the Adirondacks, I have decided that after my half marathon, this is going to be my exercise of choice.

I appear to have gotten lost somewhere along the way; 
How could I have forgotten how beautiful and grounding it is to explore the outdoors!?

Now, don't get me wrong;
 I'm not talking about throwing away my running sneakers just yet...or, dear God, camping. 
Helllllllll, no.

But, I will definitely be maximizing our time out of doors this summer!

Is there anything as clean as the Adirondack air!?
Aaaaaahhhh!

That sky!

I could have sat here for hours...if the bugs hadn't found us! 

Even the marshes are beautiful!

Stupid stump...messing up my reflection shot...
Still pretty though!

The men exploring a possible pass to the other side

Lost in thought

Elias caught a teeny tiny toad and he carried the entire way.
I can't believe he didn't squish the poor thing!



It was such a lovely day for a walk.
Even though my son made Todd carry him home and exclaimed without remorse "I hate this!" 

We will be back!




No comments:

Post a Comment