January 20, 2014

A Weekend's Digression


Happy Monday!
I hope you all had a great MLK weekend!

I couldn't have asked for a better start to my weekend: 
A 75 minute hot yoga session at Lehigh Valley Yoga!
If you have never tried hot yoga, or Bikram, you seriously should. 
At YVY they practice a 40 pose series that is a little less intensive than actual Bikram, but it is still a wonderful class.
In fact, a lot of people don't like actual Bikram because the instructors tend to yell and be a bit harsh...an oxymoron for many a yogi...

I actually took my neices to a Bikram class in Naples Florida and the instructor was such a bitch that we left calling it 'Hate Yoga.' 
This is not the case at LVY. 
It is a great transition to Bikram, and they encourage modification of poses so it caters to all levels of practice.
Give it a try!




So the weekend started off so peaceful and zen.

But then we ended by going to a Children's "Fun-Zone" where my son decided to lick the ball pit...

Photo: Yuck!

I think it is time to take another yoga class!


No comments:

Post a Comment