November 18, 2013

Kale Train

I admittedly try to stay away from food trends;
Crabcakes.
Bacon wrapped scallops.
Eggs on everything. 
Smoke. 
Foam. 
Foamed smoke.
Miniature versions of cheeseburgers. 
Fancy tater tots....

 but I always dive in head first at some point or another...and then realize why they became a trend in the first place.

Kale is the perfect example.
Kale salad, kale chips, kale juice....blah blah blah blah blah.....
BLAH!
Who cares, right!?

Well...now I understand.
It is like the snack Gods heard my call (and saw the size of my ass), and sent these to earth to save me from myself.

 Scooch over Frito Lay.



Ingredients and Directions:
2 heaping handfuls of kale, chopped and cleaned
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil 
1 tsp. of kosher salt

Toss to coat with olive oil and salt. Spread kale in a single layer on a parchment lined pan. Bake at 375 until crisp. Dig in.


These will go perfectly with my bacon wrapped scallops...or my smokey crabcakes, topped with foam...or my fancy tots...or my miniature cheeseburgers...
Throw an egg on top!
Oh the possibilities!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment