July 23, 2013

We All Scream

My son and I went on an ice cream date this past weekend, and instead of going to the regular road side stand, we ventured to an ice cream parlor that rarely has a crowd.
Truth be told, this is why I went there. 
I didn't want to add another kid to the crazed mix you often get at the regular stands. 
I just wanted to get the kid an ice cream and get out unscathed.
So, this could have easily been a miss, but it was spot-on.
This seriously may be the best ice cream I have ever eaten. 
It was a step to the left of homemade whipped cream, and a step to the right of the season's freshest ingredients. 
With flavors like Raspberry, Blueberry Cheesecake, Maple Bacon, and Salty Caramel, how can you go wrong?
Also, the family behind the counter was friendly, helpful and their children were working as hard as the adults...a feature that is always nice to see these days.
We left with full bellies and two half gallons to share.
If you are ever up in the Lake Wallenpaupack area, give these guys a drop in;
 You won't regret it one bit. 

My son, who is normally a strict chocolate fan, has declared that Salty Caramel is his new favorite.
Swoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment