June 15, 2013

Fabulicious

Okay.
I admit it. 
I love Teresa Giudice's cookbooks.
I know, I know, I know she is a crazed maniac, but her recipes are surprisingly delicious. 
And easy.
A few years back I purchased her first cookbook for my mother as a joke because we both loved the show; and it turned out great.
Then recently, my mother got me her new grilling cookbook as a joke because we loved her first cookbook; and it also turned out great.

Who knew!!?

I have a new respect for this woman. 
Bravo depicts her as trash, but here she is raising four pre-teen girls, supporting her husband, and cooking good meals all the while...all with her hair perfectly straightened!
Good for her. 
Which one of us hasn't wanted to flip a table once or twice!?

She doesn't talk as much trash in the newest cookbook, or throw any of her "good" friends under the bus, but she is still pretty transparent in this version, so it makes for fun reading atop the good recipes. 

This is a take off of Teresa's 'Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Artichokes and Fontina.'
Here, I baked the chicken, instead of grilling it, and I used swiss cheese as opposed to fontina. 
Just personal preferences.
I served it with sauteed spinach with farm fresh butter, and it was fabulicious!

Thank you Teresa for constant entertainment and these yummy recipes.


Recipe (From "Fabulicious! On the Grill):
Makes 6 Servings

Ingredients:
Basil-Rosemary Marinade:
1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts (here I used a 12 oz jar because I LOVE artichokes. The more the better in my book!)
1/4 cup of dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
1/4 cup evoo
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Chicken Breasts:
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese (here I substituted swiss, because I don't care for Fontina, and it worked very well)

Steps:
1. To make the marinade: Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the marinade from the jar. Set the artichoke hearts aside. Whisk the wine, oil, reserved artichoke marinade, basil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl.
2. To make the chicken: Working with one chicken breast half at a time, use a thin sharp knife to cut horizontally through the center of the chicken, cutting almost, but not quite, to the other side. Transfer chicken to a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and close the bag. Refrigerate, occassionally turning the bag, for 1 to 2 hours
3. Coarsely chop the reserved artichoke hearts. Transfer to a bowl and combine with the fontina cheese. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Open up a chicken breast half like a book. Place about 1/6 of the artichoke mixture on one side of the chicken, and close to cover with the other half. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and the artichoke mixture. Let stand at room temperature while prepping the grill. 
4. Preheat the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (400)
*I baked, instead of grilled the chicken, and it worked very well!!!

YUMMM!
Don't worry. 
I won't tell anyone you like it too. 
I guess there is a reason she is a 
New York Times Best Seller; 
Somebody besides me must be buying them!
Is it you!?


Here are the links to her grilling cookbook as well as her original cookbook:





No comments:

Post a Comment