May 15, 2013

Karra-paccio

So, my husband declared this week "Meat Week," and since I am trying to reduce my carbohydrate intake, this works to my advantage. 
I can't, however, have steak on the grill every night, so I have to be a little creative.

Here is a quick, easy version of beef carpaccio; 
one of my favorite appetizers at many an Italian restaurant. 
Here, I just used the rarest roast beef I could find instead of slicing it from a raw piece of beef. 
I know that it isn't the "real" thing, but it is still yummy.

My husband called it 'Roast Beef Salad'....but I think Karra-paccio sounds so much nicer.
I am pretty fancy.



Recipe:
Yields One Large Appetizer to Be Shared

Ingredients:
1/8 lb. of the rarest roast beef you can find (or slice raw beef from a tenderloin...freeze first so you can slice as thin as possible)

One large handful of washed and spun spring greens or fresh baby spinach

One large roasted red pepper, sliced (or a mix of roasted red peppers and banana peppers, sliced)

3 tablespoons of capers, drained

Olive Oil (+-1 tablespoon)
Truffle Oil (gentle drizzle)
Good Balsamic Vinegar (+- 1 tablespoon)
Shaved Parmesan Cheese
Freshly Ground Pepper + Kosher Salt

Steps:
On a large plate, 
Lay a bed of greens; top with peppers; top with beef; top with capers and shaved parmesan; Drizzle with olive oil, truffle oil and balsamic vinegar (to taste, but be gentle with the truffle oil); Season with freshly ground pepper and kosher salt.

Share and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment