May 27, 2013

First Bounty!

Spring has Sprung!
Our first root vegetables have sprouted, and I am reminded of how much I love my garden. 
Having grown up in a town where nothing grows, and if it does the deer are ready and waiting to annihilate anything green, I truly appreciate being able to grow most of our summer food.
A friend and I got laughing about how spot on trend it is for me to be gardening, raising chickens, cows and fish. 
Truth be told, however, here in Pennsylvania it isn't much of a trend. 
It is called farming. 
Shockingly, this is how people have been getting their food for years!?!
Who knew!?
 ps. I am admittedly a novice at this gardening gig, and I have realized that I need to practice much more restraint when planting my seeds next year. 
Was it really necessary to plant 5 rows of radishes?
Jeepers...
Time to research pickling recipes...
If you have any send them my way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment