February 27, 2013

The Never Ending Winter Products

This winter seems extraordinarily long, however here are some of the products that bring me joy after a cold day outside.
p.s. I am not a dermatologist...


Wholefood's 365 Daily Facial Cleanser 
(or Cetaphil):
I now use this to shave my legs during the winter months. Soap was irritating my already dry skin into a scratchy fit, but after reading 'The Pioneer Woman's' blog post about using non-soap based products, and a simple disposable razor to shave, I am now converted.
 My legs have recovered and I should be hot-to-trot for Spring!
Thank you Ree!
Sabon's Lemon Mint Body Butter:
Any of Sabon's products are luxurious, but I love the gentle scent of this body butter, and it is not oily so you can slather it on and not feel like a total grease bag.
Product Display for DDF Ultra-Lite-Oil-Free-Moisturizer-SPF 15
DDF Moisturizer and Toner:
My skin has always been a battlefield, but DDF products nourish, treat and heal. 
And if you are lucky, you can find them at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for a fraction of the regular price!
Product Display for DDF Aloe Toning Complex
Article
Affordable Sulfate-Free Shampoo:
I fell in love with Bumble and Bumble's sulfate free shampoo, but I can't justify spending that much money on suds. I was very happy to see that L'Oreal has now released a line of affordable sulfate-free shampoo for a happy scalp and a happy wallet!
Aveeno Baby Wash for Mama and Baby:
This wash has been a tub-side staple ever since my son was born. The scent has become ubiquitous with him, and when we travel this is the only wash/shampoo I pack for all of us. Whether it be a weekend get-away or a family vacation, it doesn't get much easier than just packing ONE all-encompassing item!
And here is an easy home remedy to make our complexions pretty. 
Enjoy Lovelies!

Raw Honey Face Mask 

(Recipe from Wholefood's Market)

Follow these simple steps for a cleansing mask that helps keep blemishes at bay.
honey
4 1/2 teaspoons Organic Raw Wildflower Honey
honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or lavender 100% essential oil (optional)

In a clean ceramic or glass bowl, combine honey with vinegar, juice or oil (if using). Using clean fingers, massage honey or the mixture over your whole face (avoiding the eyes). Allow to dry and become slightly tacky, and then pat and tap to get blood flowing to the surface of the skin. Remove with warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment