January 3, 2013

New Recipe of the Week

I know that, technically, Monday night was still 2012, but I did try a few new recipes that night...
I am hoping you guys can cut me some slack and we can count them as part of my New Year's resolution to make a new recipe each week of 2013...Maybe?!

The first recipe was Ree Drummond's Creamy Rosemary Potatoes (see link below), and the second was the Gorgonzola, truffle + cracked black pepper butter for our steaks. I don't know if you can really call that a "recipe," but it was the first time I made it, so I think it still counts...right?! 
Jeez, I'm asking for a lot of leeway this week...
I better kick myself into high gear if I expect this resolution to hold.

Gorgonzola Truffle + Cracked Black Pepper Butter:
I can't wait to try this with other fresh herbs, spices and cheeses...ooh the buttery possibilities.
 
One stick of softened, unsalted Irish butter
1 tablespoon of truffle oil
1 cup of creamy Gorgonzola cheese, broken into pieces
1 tablespoon of freshly cracked black pepper

Mix all of the ingredients together well and roll/wrap in a piece of parchment. Place into the refrigerator to firm. This can be made well ahead of time. Cut into coins and place atop hot, grilled steak to melt (We made the mistake of letting the steaks rest, and then putting the butter on top; I would put the butter on immediately, and then let the steaks rest, or put it on when the steaks are still on the grill so that the butter will melt).


Ree Drummond's Creamy Rosemary Potatoes:
This recipe had delicious flavor and was a great new addition to our regular steak dinner. I will definitely be making these again...especially when I'm feeling like being fat and bad.
And hats off to Todd who sliced the potatoes super thin for me while I got gussied up for the party!
Good man!
 

Try these! I would love to know what you guys think!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment