January 23, 2013

New Recipe of the Week; Coq Au Vin

My husband's favorite meal is a roasted chicken dinner. 
However, in sticking to my New Year's resolution, and only being able to make so many roasted chicken dinners, I decided to channel Julia Child last night and make her recipe for Coq Au Vin. 
Todd agreed to it, somewhat begrudgingly because it was not his requested roasted chicken dinner, but Julia rarely disappoints, so I stayed strong.
I made sure that I served it with copious amounts of red wine, and it seemed to please. 
He might have been being nice, he might have been drunk, or he may have actually liked it...but he said that he loved it. And he said it with enthusiasm!
Hurrah!
I thought it was delicious; savory, warm and deep. Surprisingly, I also found that it was less laborious than making an entire roasted chicken dinner.
I forgot that I used my last onion this past weekend, so I used green onions, and added an extra clove of garlic. It seemed to work. 
In addition, I served it over roasted red potatoes, but when I make this dish again, I will serve it with wide, flat noodles to sop up the scrumptious red wine reduction...and because I am a noodle crazed maniac. 
 Oh, and I served it with a big bowl of grated Grana Padana cheese. 
Remember, cheese makes everything better. 
 Recipe:

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment