October 21, 2014

It's a Wrap!

Hurrah!

Our very first 'Art on a Carte' event went off without a hitch this past Sunday, 
and the entire class did an absolutely amazing job!

Thank you guys so much for coming!
It was a great way to spend a cold, snowy day, and I hope you all left inspired, and with a little more art in your soul.

Here is a photo spread of the event!

The 'Carte' packed and ready to go!


OUR STUDIO:



I am so proud and so honored;
My first official event, surrounded by my new painting series on exhibit, in my dear friend's restaurant, in my hometown...
It doesn't get any better!


THE ART HISTORY AND COLOR THEORY PORTION!


Introducing Impressionism and Post-Impressionism
Learning about van Gogh;
his history, his work, his life, his legacy...

Color Theory Portion;
The class was only allowed to use the primary colors, plus white and black to create their images;
they had to create any and all other colors themselves!
Demonstrating the complementary colors and how to make neutrals
Demonstrating the value scale, and how to make tints and shades
(I'm so serious?!!?)

TIME TO PAINT!
Every student was encouraged to choose their own color scheme, format and approach;
Thank you Impressionism for allowing us to pour our own creativity and personalities onto the canvas!














The moment when people find their groove is magical!
So peaceful...

A little liquid encouragement...

 THE INCREDIBLE FINAL PAINTINGS!



 OUR AMAZING CLASS!
Back Row: Linda, Kristin, Vonnie, Linda (My Mom!), Kelly, Jessie, (Tricia's painting), Mad, Paige, & Janice
Front Row: Me, Kristie, Jaimee, Jody, Marissa and Jessica























A DINNER WITH VAN GOGH!
The Delicious Part!


Paul's Incredible van Gogh-inspired Menu!
Designing a menu around a man who drank 28 cups of coffee a day to avoid eating, and spent all of his money on art supplies and absinthe was a difficult task;
 but Paul stepped up effortlessly to the challenge and created a perfect menu that maps out van Gogh by his life experiences and locales.
And yes, it tasted as delicious as it reads.  

The Art History Packets for the Guests

Kath's Awesome Tablescapes!
THIS Woman!
Kath is the reason this entire event happened!
I LOVE HER!
xoxo

Thank you again to everyone who came out and made this event a success!
I had an amazing time, and I am so excited and honored that I got to start this new adventure in my hometown with all of you.

There is no place like home!

Keep painting and I hope to see you again soon!
xoxo, k



Press:


No comments:

Post a Comment