February 19, 2013

Crabby Egg Rolls

I know this is not an overly exotic menu item, but it was the first time I attempted to make them, and it was worth it.
I am not a huge fan of egg rolls, and I really only made them because I had left over wrappers wearing a hole in my fridge shelf, but, wo-man, these were good!
I don't know why I was surprised. 
Whenever you make something at home, whether it be pure egotism, or the fact that you can control the ingredients, it always tastes better.
And with cole-slaw mix so readily available, these are a cinch to throw together for a last minute lunch, dinner or a quick snack for a crowd.


Recipe: 
Ingredients:
Cole Slaw Mix (sliced cabbage, carrots and celery)
1 cup fresh sprouts
1 tsp. honey
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp fresh chopped ginger
1 clove fresh garlic, chopped
Optional: Crab Meat (Or Shrimp, Chicken, Pork, Beef....)

Egg Roll Wrappers

Egg Wash

Sesame Oil

Optional:
Peanut Sauce, Sweet and Sour Sauce, Chopped Fresh Cilantro for serving

Directions:
Mix the first 7-8  ingredients together
Assemble two tablespoons of mixture on top of egg roll wrapper, and fold as per package instructions. Use the egg wash as you fold to hold it together.
Fry egg rolls in oil, turning to brown or bake in the oven until crispy. Or fry, set aside and bake to heat up once your company arrives.
Serve with Peanut Sauce, Sweet and Sour sauce and/or chopped fresh cilantro

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment