August 11, 2016

Blueberry Bliss

On the way home from vacation the other day, I decided to take a detour and stop at a local blueberry farm.
I couldn't stand the idea of getting home to unpacking, laundry, cleaning...Pokemon hell...

What a great wholesome activity, 
and an awesome way to stave off the inevitable slew of chores that awaited me at home; 
Thank you Paupack Blueberry Farms for making me feel like a good mom.

Our Bounty!



The Blueberry Tart that killed my diet.

Oh well, I can start again in September...


Blueberry Tart Recipe:
I love this recipe because it is so approachable. Basically the baby sister of the pie, this beauty makes you feel less piggy about your indulgences.

1 pie crust (I simply bought one at the store because I'm lazy...I know it is nowhere near as delicious or rewarding as making your own, but who is judging... we are all human, right?!)
3 cups of blueberries, picked over for stems and rinsed clean
1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
1/2 lemon; juiced
1/2 tsp of lemon zest
flour or cornmeal for sprinkling 
egg wash for crust (egg yolk and a tbsp of water, whisked together)

Toss blueberries, sugar, flour, & lemon juice/zest in a bowl.
Line a tray with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour or cornmeal. 
Place the crust on the tray;
Mound the berry mixture in the center, fold over the edges to encapsulate the goo as it cooks, and brush the crust with the egg mixture to ensure a nice golden brown color after baking. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 30+ minutes until the blueberry mixture is bubbly. 
*If the crust browns before the blueberry mixture is bubbly, simply tent with aluminum foil 

Allow to cool before serving.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment